Wednesday 23 December 2015

A fun top quickie!

This post is just a quickie: a super fast upcycle to make my darling husband a Christmas top.


I used an old shirt that would otherwise have been shredded at fabric recycle, and got to work. I drew a template for the tree, cut it from some lovely wool felt, and appliquéd it on using a zig-zag stitch.  I then hand sewed baubles and the tinsel (lovely braid) on during my nightly vigil to ensure children remain in their correct beds at night time. A quickie, but much appreciated by Mister Seamsoddlouise, so a real win.

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. What fun - they look like baubles that you have sewn onto the applique tree. I'm sure he will enjoy wearing this on Xmas Day. Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just read that they are baubles....I'm highly visual, so words come last with me!!

      Delete
    2. Tee hee yes baubles sewn on!

      Delete
  2. That looks great, and goes so well with his hat? beanie? too! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete