Friday 24 October 2014

Two birds with one stone

Squeal! My favourite make so far...


This is a fully-lined pinafore dress with cute curved patch pockets, and I adore it.


Those cross over straps! Love, love, LOVE. Oh, she looks so cute in this.


I think the thread and the buttons are a perfect colour match. My first ever buttonholes, too - not bad for a first attempt. I was a little nervous; but after doing several practice runs on scrap, it all worked out well.


She rather enjoyed posing and twirling on the beach to model this dress.  It's fab that my baby girl likes it as much as I do.

This make was spurred on by Kid's Clothes Week 2014 and by A Stitching Odyssey's vintage sewing pattern pledge.

kid's clothes week

All in all, I'm rather pleased that one dress can tick off two sewing challenges. Wahoo! I love this dress so much that I already have two more (yes two!) cut out already. Below is the picture from the envelope and it is just fab.



The pattern in a McCalls Toddler girl dress from 1975.  It's classified as an 'easy to sew' and I'd say it was. To line it, I just extended the facing pieces to full length.  I sewed the hem by hand (angel halo) only because I was watching the telly. But I think I may sew more hems this way, it has such a neat, clean finish.  It was rather therapeutic too!


Leaving you with one last picture of my little starlet!  Two more of these finished before too long (good sewing karma allowing).

10 comments:

  1. It's so sweet! No wonder you both love it. And good work fitting it into two sewing challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE. Is it wrong that I want one in my size with that exact fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so sweet! You've made this so beautifully, and your little girl looks like she just loves it. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does love it and that makes me swell with pride.

      Delete
  4. That is all kinds of cute. I want a big girl version ;-)

    ReplyDelete