It is dress T from the original book, and it is lovely. What put me off for so long was that the neckline looked rather complicated.
It wasn't easy to get my head around making the neckline but I got there. Because I'd been so worried about doing it, when I actually finished, I felt ridiculously proud. And if I did it again I would be confident. This, despite my 8 year old pronouncing it as "rubbish"! I think he's in a "trying to be cool, aloof and amusing" phase rather than giving his honest opinion - may be wrong though
The pattern is supposed to have a voluptuously gathered skirt, but I didn't have enough fabric! I'd forgotten to calculate the extra needed for a one directional print fabric. So, I opted for a subtle a-line shape and actually I rather like it.
I also added very simple patch pockets to my dress. Cute yet practical. The design also features gathered cuffs that are bound with the same fabric as the neckline. I did try it (see below) but I didn't like it as much as the loose bell shape, so I unpicked and went with my gut instinct.
If I made another, I might go for this cuff edging, but with little puff sleeves.
When my dress was almost finished, my sewing blogger friend Danielle over at Ivy Arch posted her latest make. And we have become sewing twins! Find her fantastic dresses here, spot the difference!
The fabric is lovely a sturdy cotton, breathable and light. The print shows lots of little ticket stubs for trains, buses and theatre shows. It's quite kitsch.
I love my new dress - it has been a pleasure to make and lovely to wear.