Wednesday 30 April 2014

Saw it, "pinned it", did it!

Just a quickie fun post before I reveal my peacock dress!  My eldest boy Rowan's trousers are completely ripped at the knee. He looks like a child with a rather neglectful mother allowing him to wear these out in public.


I've been putting off mending them, mainly due to laziness, admittedly. I was wondering whether to turn them into shorts or allow him to look like an urchin, as he doesn't mind wearing them like this.

But then this monster patch appeared on my pinterest feed...



... and it was a done deal!


Cream felt becomes monster teeth (monsters do not have white teeth!), and Viola...




A bit of fun! But Rowan thinks they are great now, and it took less than 10 minutes, wahoo!

10 comments:

  1. This is great! I recently contemplated stitching a big monster face inside my husband's coat while mending it for him, a big tear just lends itself to a gaping monster mouth (I managed to restrain myself though) :) Looking forward to seeing your peacock dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! My Small Boy is forever going through at the knees so this could be a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do they do it? I don't go through my trousers the way my boys do!

      Delete
  3. Excellent idea! My daughter would love monster knees too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! I pinned that link also........such a great idea. Your boy must LOVE his pants now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, congrats on jumping into a pin start to finish. Such a big accomplishment isn't it?! Second, I want some! I need to repair a pair of my own pants that ripped when I tripped & fell rollerblading last year. That would be an awesome fix! Ha! So funny. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should go for it, easy and they do look rather cool!

      Delete